Outreach Program with The Toronto Consort
Every year the Sackville Festival of Early Music offers outstanding musical experiences to audiences in the Tantramar region. Our annual series of early music performances showcases Canadian musicians of international stature and renown. Our Outreach Program enables a selection of these artists to perform in the community for the young and young at heart in keeping with our belief that people in small towns and rural areas should have access to excellence in music. This year The Toronto Consort will be performing at Tantramar Regional High School, Marshview Middle School, Salem Elementary, Cumberland North Academy, and The Drew Nursing Home.
Our Outreach Project:
• Broadens the musical experience of young people in small towns and rural areas, acquainting them with styles of
music they may have never encountered before
• Introduces young people to the musical roots of their cultural heritage
• Introduces them to the culture of other world groups through music
• Provides interactive sessions that allow for students to meet and talk with musicians of international calibre
• Allows students to learn about the instruments and musical styles of earlier times
• Enhances music education programs in schools
• Opens new horizons, on occasion inspiring young people to pursue musical studies
The Outreach Program is made possible by these generous donors;
The Town of Sackville, JEA Crake Foundation, RBC Foundation, Altantic Industries Limited, The Campbell/Verduyn Foundation, Fog Forest Gallery, Harold & Kathy Popma, Judith Weiss, David and Lynn Addleman, Alex & Margaret Whitla, Kathy Hamer-Edwards, Gary & Nancy Tucker, Dr. Janet Hammock & Marilyn Lerch, Dr. Thomas Priemer, William Costin, Hon. Marilyn Tremholm Counsell, Berkeley and Linda Fleming, Linda Trentini, Ove Samuelsen, Sandy & Wendy Burnett, Soper Physiotherapy, Kristaeli Communications Inc., Bruce Baxter, Nancy Vogan, Susan Amos & David Stewart.
The Toronto Consort
Download the program
Teacher's Resource Guide
Download information on the instruments, composers, and history of the period.
© 2023 Sackville Festival of Early Music created by Shawn Bostick