Youth Outreach Program with Ensemble 18c.
Every year the Sackville Festival of Early Music offers outstanding musical experiences to audiences in the Tantramar region. Our annual series of early music performances showcases Canadian musicians of international stature and renown. Our Youth Outreach Program enables a selection of these artists to perform for students in the area schools, in keeping with our belief that young people in small towns and rural areas should have access to excellence in music. This year the Ensemble 18c. of the Early Music Studio of Saint John will be performing at Tantramar Regional High School, Marshview Middle School, Springhill Junior/Senior High School, Amherst Regional High School and Cumberland North Academy.
Our Youth Outreach Project:
• Broadens the musical experience of young people in small towns and rural areas, acquainting them with styles of
music they may have never encountered before
• Introduces young people to the musical roots of their cultural heritage
• Introduced them to the culture of other world groups through music
• Provides interactive sessions that allow for students to meet and talk with musicians of international calibre
• Allows students to learn about the instruments and musical styles of earlier times
• Enhances music education programs in schools
• Opens new horizons, on occasion inspiring young people to pursue musical studies
The Youth Outreach Program is made possible by these generous donors;
The Town of Sackville, JEA Crake Foundation, RBC Foundation, Altantic Industries Limited, Soper Physiotheary, The Campbell/Verduyn Foundation, Fog Forest Gallery, Harold Popma, Kathy Hamer-Edwards, Elizabeth Massarelli, Gary Tucker, Janet Hammock, Hannah Lane, Judith A. Weiss, Pauline M. Spatz, Dr. Thomas Priemer, Sue Purdy, Hon. Marilyn Tremholm Counsell, Berkeley and Linda Fleming, Linda Trentini, Ove Samuelsen, Sandy and Wendy Burnett, Dodie and Rodney McLeod, and Roopen and Pronoti Majithia.
Download information on our Youth Outreach Program Ensemble
Promotional Flyer (PDF Document)
Baroque Period Instruments
Download information on the Period Instruments Tempest Baroque will be using in their performance.
About the Music and Composers
Download information on the era and the composers featured in the concert.
Program description for educators (WORD Document)
© 2021 Sackville Festival of Early Music created by Shawn Bostick