Outreach Program with Mélisande McNabney
We are pleased to welcome harpsichordist Mélisande McNabney as our featured Outreach Artist for the 2022 Festival! McNabney will present a public masterclass in Brunton Auditorium featuring students of Mount Allison University, several Outreach concerts for area schools, and a public lecture as part of the Mount Allison Music Department's Colloquium series.
September 26: Masterclass, Brunton Auditorium, 4:00pm
Award-winning harpsichordist, Mélisande McNabney, will lead a 60-minute workshop for keyboard players on the Music Department’s new Flemish double harpsichord, introducing participant to harpsichord care, maintenance, standard playing techniques and fingerings. Open to the public, free-of-charge.
September 27: School Concerts
September 28: Colloquium, Brunton Auditorium, 4:00pm
Mélisande McNabney delivers a lecture and demonstration on musical style featuring the newly acquired Flemish Double harpsichord. Open to the public, free-of-charge.
Every year the Sackville Festival of Early Music offers outstanding musical experiences to audiences in the Tantramar region. Our annual series of early music performances showcases Canadian musicians of international stature and renown. Our Outreach Program enables a selection of these artists to perform in the community for the young and young at heart in keeping with our belief that people in small towns and rural areas should have access to excellence in music. This year harpsichordist Mélisande McNabney will be performing at area schools.
Our Outreach Project:
• Broadens the musical experience of young people in small towns and rural areas, acquainting them with styles of
music they may have never encountered before
• Introduces young people to the musical roots of their cultural heritage
• Introduces them to the culture of other world groups through music
• Provides interactive sessions that allow for students to meet and talk with musicians of international calibre
• Allows students to learn about the instruments and musical styles of earlier times
• Enhances music education programs in schools
• Opens new horizons, on occasion inspiring young people to pursue musical studies
The Outreach Program is made possible by these generous donors;
The Town of Sackville, JEA Crake Foundation, Susan Amos & David Stewart, Janet & John Crawford, Ove Samuelsen, Alex & Margaret Whitla, Michael & Karen Olscamp, Art & Anne Miller, Judith A Weiss, Peter Higham & Edna Boland, Linda Trentini, David & Lynn Addleman, Berkeley & Linda Fleming, Wendy & Sandy Burnett, Dr. Janet Hammock & Marilyn Lerch, Andrew Wilson & Fiona Black, Harold & Kathy Popma, Jocelyn & Jeffery Ollerhead, Bruce Baxter, William Costin, Kathy Hamer, Monika Boehringer, Susan Purdy, Elizabeth Massarellli
© 2021 Sackville Festival of Early Music created by Shawn Bostic